1.Name: Dr. Azhar Abdul-Fattah Ibrahim.
2.Post: Professor since 24/11/2013.
3.Address: Baghdad /Iraq
B.Sc.of Science/Science College/University of Baghdad/Microbiology(1988). The third out of the total No. of students.
MSc. in Medical Microbiology/ College of Medicine/Al-_Nahrain University(1994).
Ph.D. in Medical Mycology/College of Medicine/AL_Nahrain University(2002).
6.Title of PhD. Thesis: Biochemical& Immunological studies on Candida albicans proteinase.
7.Specialization: Medical Microbiology/Medical Mycology.
a. Teaching students of Medical college of Medical Biology at
Medical college AL_Nahrain University(19898-1999).
b. Teaching students of Medical college of Medical Bacteriology at
Medical college AL_Nahrain University(1999-2002).
c. Teaching students of Medical College of Medical Mycology & Bacteriology
at Medical College AL_Nahrain University(2000-till now).
d. Teaching post graduated students(Msc.&PhD.)of Medical Mycology
at Medical College AL_Nahrain University(2003-till now).
e. Teaching students of Microbial Physiology at Science
College/University of Karbala(2003).
f. Teaching of post graduated students(Msc.&PhD.)of Medical
Mycology &Mycotoxicology at Vetirinary college/University of
g. Preparing different researches mentioned later on.
h. Staff member of promotion committee(2013-2015).
i. Staff member of Scientific Committee of the Microbiology Dep./College of Mdicine/Al-Nahrain University(2009-till now).
j. Scientific reviwer of many researchs, thesis, and promotion researches.
k. Association at periodical training in:
*Pathological analysis at (1989).
*Computer periodic for (4) weeks at College of Medicine. Al-
*Computer periodic for ((3)) weeks (6-31 June,1999).
*Teaching training approaches from 21/8/2005 to 1/9/2005.
l. Studying courses of English languages in British Council ( 1989-1991).
*Conference of Microbiology(1990). Medical College/AL_Nahrain
*Conference of Microbiology(1994). Medical College/AL_Nahrain
*Medical conference(1999). Medical college/AL_Nahrain University.
*Medical conference(2002). Medical college/AL_Nahrain University.
*Scientific conference (2007). College of Science/ University of Duhook.
*Medical conference(2008). Medical college/AL_Nahrain University.
*2ndscientific conference(3-4 May 2009). Medical College/ Tikrit
*Conference of swine flue (3 November). Medical college/AL_Nahrain
*2ndscientific conference (4-5 November). Genetic engineering and
Biotechnology council for postgraduates/ University of Baghdad.
*1st Scientific Conference of College of Medicine/University of Diyala
*3rd Scientific conference(4-6 May 2010) of College of Science/ University
*1st Medical conference of Iraqi Turkimen Doctors association/Kirkuk 15-
*2nd Medical conference of Babil University/College of Medicin/3-
*First scientific conference of Kirkuk University/College of Science/20-
* 2nd scientific conference of Mosul University/College of Science Nov. 16-
17 / 2011.
*1st scientific conference of Biology Dep./College of Medicine/Al-Nahrain
*Golden Anniversary conference of Mosul University/College of Medicine
April 3-5 2011.
*International conference of physical education & sports sciences
(ICPESS-2012). Nov. 16-18/2012 Aligarh University/India.
*The 5th international conference of microbiology/Al-Basrah University
*The 8th scientific conference of College of Medicine/Al-Nahrain University
*Isfahan-Karbala conference on medical education from 5-10 October 2013 Iran.
*Situation of new technical methods in laboratory diagnosis( Isfahan/Iran 18 October 2013).
*Ninth scientific conference of Al-Mustansyriah College of Medicine (27/3/2014).
*The first scientific conference of Cihan University(Erbil 20-21 April 2014).
*The first International conference of Molecular biology(MEMBS congress/Dubai) Sept. 13-17/2014.
*Medical city conference(College of Medicine/University of Baghdad)17-18Dec. 2014.
*Misan University annual medical conference, MU-AMC/College of Medicine (22-25 Dec. 2014).
*Workshop of IPLS(Iraqi pediatrics life support) at College of Medicine/Misan University(24 Dec. 2014).
*Primary health care conference/Karbala College of Medicine(30-31 March 2015).
*Scientific conference of Al-Mustansirya College of Medicine (9-10 April 2015).
*The 9th Scientific conference of the College of Medicine/Al-Nahrain University(A member of Scientific committee, and as a rapporteur , 21-22 December, 2015).
*The 5th International Conference for Veterinary Sciences/College of Veterinary Medicine/University of Basra/Iraq, 2-3 Nov., 2016.
*The First Medical Science Congress/College of Medicine/University of Karbala. 7-9 Dec. 2016.
*The 13th Annual International Conference of The Egyptian Society for Experimental Biology(Cairo University Conference Center, 25 February-March 2017).
*The Workshop of the 13th Annual International Conference & Workshop of The Egyptian Society For |Experimental Biology.
*The 10th Scientific Conference of the College of Medicine/Al-Nahrain University(10-11 April 2017).
*The 4th Middlle East Molecular Biology Congress & Exhibition (1-4 Nov. 2017)- Abu Dhadi.
*The 1st International Scientific Conference of Medical & Pharmaceutical Science (ISCMPS) (18-19 April 2018)College of Medicine/Al-Qadisiyah University.
*The Fifth Middle East Molecular Biology Congress Exhibition (3-6 October, 2018. Jordan).
*The 3rd International Conference of Medicine/Hawler Medical City (12-14 Dec. 2018) Erbil/Iraq.
*Work shop held by the Academic Quality Assurance and Laboratory Accreditation Division, entitled ((Capacity Building for Laboratory Biorisk Management)). Feberuary 26-28. 2019 Baghdad/Iraq.
*The 4th postgraduate students conference at College of Medicine/Al-Nahrain University. May, 23. 2019. Baghdad/Iraq.
*The 2nd International Scientific Conference for Medical Sciences(ISCMS)/University of Al-Qadisiyah from 10-11 April 2019/Al-Dewaniyah/Iraq.
n. Discussion of many Msc. & Ph.D theses.
o. Staff member of comprehensive examination of Ph. D students of College of Medicine/Al-Nahrain University and other Colleges.
a. Laboratory instructor at the Medical Biology Department, Medical
college/AL_Nahrain University( 1989 -1999).
b. laboratory instructor at the Medical Microbiology Department,
Medical college/AL_Nahrain University (1999-2002).
c. University lecturer of Medical college undergraduate students at the
Medical Microbiology Department, Medical College/Al-Nahrain
University (2002-till now).
d. University lecturer of Medical college postgraduate students(M.Sc.&
Ph.D.) at the Medical Microbiology Department, Medical
College/Al-Nahrain University (2003 till now).
e. Supervision of an M.Sc. & Ph.D students , Medical Microbiology
Department ,Medical College/Al-Nahrain University, & other colleges.
f. Member of discussion committee of post-graduate students, a staff member
of discussion committee of research plans, & for assessment of scientific
g. Member of scientific research assessment.
h. Member of the Committee of controlling of bacterial strains as a
part of (UN) program since 1999 to 2003,at the College of Medicine.
i. Responsible of chemicals and other lab.materials in Mycology
Lab.Dep.of Medical Microbiology.College of Medicine. AL_Nahrain
j. A chief of Mycology Lab.at Medical Microbiology Department
Medical College. AL-_Nahrain University.
k. Member of the organization Committee in the conferences of Iraqi
Microbiology Society held at College of Medicine. AL-Nahrain
l. Member of the organization of Iraqi family controlling Committee
m. Member of the organization of the University Lecturer league since
n. Member of the examination committee of the medical College/ Al- Nahrain
University in 2008.
o. Member of Republic relations of cultural journal ( Mezopotamia Journal)
p. Consultant member in the journal of modern science and heritage/Sweden in 2013-2014.
q. Member of Scientific committee of the conference of the College of Medicine/Al-Nahrain University for two seasons(2016 & 2017).
R. Member of the editorial board of the Iraqi journal of medical science of our College, 2019.
* Prof. Dr. Ahmed Abdul-Hassan/Chairman of Microbiology Dep./College of Medicine /Al-Nahrain University.
1. Omeprazole coupled with single versus double antimicrobial therapy for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori in duodenal ulcer disease. The Iraqi journal of Medical Sciences. Vol. 1, No. 2, 2001
2. A comparison between 2 antigens of C. albicans for the
diagnosis of systemic candidiasis. Iraqi Journal of Medical Sciences. Vol. 3, No. 3, 2004
3. Rapid diagnosis of systemic candidiasis by latex particle
Agglutination. European journal of Scientific Researches. Vol. 12, No. 1, 2005
4. In vitro effect of proteinase from Candida albicans on Leishmania donovani. Iraqi Journal of Medical Sciences. Vol. 6, No. 3, 2008
5. Determination of the incidence of superficial mycosis in Iraqi patients
admitted to Al-Kadhymiyah Teaching hospital/Dermatology Dep. Kirkuk University Journal. Vol. 6, No. 3, 2011.
6. Estimation of the level of TGF-β and TNF-α in Cutaneous Blastomycosis. 1st Medical Conference of Iraq Turkman Doctors Association. 15-16 October 2010.
7. Comparative study of cellular immune response in cutaneous blastomycosis.
Engineering and Technology Journal. Vol. 30, No. 20, 2012.
8. Skin cancer and cutaneous blastomycosis. International Journal for Sciences and Technology. Vol. 7, No. 1, 2012.
9. Anti- Leishmania tropica activity of Candida albicans proteinase. Diyala Journal for Pure Sciences. Vol. 6, No. 3, 2010.
10. Species of Malassezia associated with psoriasis. Journal of the Faculty of Medicine Baghdad. Vol. 54, No. 4, 2012.
11. Relation of Malassezia spp. with atopic dermatitis patients in Baghdad. Journal of Genetic and Environmental Resources Conservation. Vol. 1, No. 3, 2013.
12. Detection of Candida spp. responsible for vulvovaginitis in women with contraceptives. Journal of Genetic and Environmental Resources Conservation. Vol. 1, No. 3, 2013.
13. PCR in comparison with culture methods for the diagnosis of Candida albicans responsible for candidemia in leukemic patients. Diyala Journal of Medicine. Vol. 5, Issue 2, 2013.
14. Identification of Malassezia species isolated from seborrhic dermatitis patients. Thi Qar Medical Journal. Vol. 7, No. 1. 2013.
15. Coccidioidal meningitis(case report). Iraqi Journal of Medical Sciences. Vol. 12, No. 3, 2013.
16. Relation of Malassezia spp. with steroid acne and folliculitis. Journal of American Sciences. Vol. 9, No. 11, 2013.
17. Medical mycology (Published Book). 2013
18. Detection of Aspergillus fumigates by RT-PCR among patients with chronic respiratory disease. Journal of Genetic and Environmental Resources Conservation.Vol. 2, No. 1, 2014.
19. Detection of Aspergillus fumigates by galactomannan test among patients with chronic respiratory disease. Accepted in Tikrit Medical Journal
20. Diagnosis of Tuberculosis Meningitis by conventional methods and Real-time PCR in Iraqi patients. Journal of Genetic and Environmental Resources Conservation. Vol. 2, NO. 2, 2014.
21. Diagnosis of Cryptococcus Meningitis by conventional methods and Real-time polymerase chain reaction. International journal of scientific and engineering research. Vol.5. Issue 8, August 2014.
22. Molecular and immunohistocemical detection of JC polyomavirus in human colorectal polyps in sample of Iraqi patients. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. (2015) 4(2): 743-755.
23. Molecular and immunohistochemical detection of JC polyomavirus in human colorectal cancer in sample of Iraqi patients. International journal of scientific and engineering research. Vol. 6. Issue 1. January 2015: 934-947.
24. Molecular detection of ALS1 virulence gene of Candida albicans isolated from group of Iraqi patients. Journal of the Faculty of Medicine. Vol. 57, issue 1, 2015.
25. Comparative study between molecular and conventional detection methods of Malassezia furfur isolated from Iraqi psoriatic patients. International Journal of current research. Vol.7, issue 7, July 2015.
26. Molecular methods for the diagnosis of Pneumocystis jirovecii in immunocompromised iraqi patients. Mintage journal of pharmaceutical and medical sciences.Vol 4 Issue 4, Oct-Dec 2015.
27. Conventional methods for the diagnosis of Pneumocystis jirovecii in immunocompromised Iraqi patients. Iraqi journal of medical sciences. Vol. 14, No. 1, 2016.
28. The efficiency of molecular and conventional methods in detection of Candida albicans isolated from immunocompromised patients with pulmonary symptoms. Iraqi journal of medical sciences. Vol. 14. No. 4, 2016.
29. Molecular and conventional methods for detection of Candida species
isolated from a sample of immunocompromised Iraqi patients with
pulmonary symptoms. J Contemp Med Sci. vol. 3, No. 10. 2017.
30. Atlas of Medical Mycology ( a book). 2017
31. Detection of Listeria monocytogenes in placenta of aborted women. Iraqi JMS. Vol. 15, issue 4 October-December, 2017.
32. Molecular identification of fungal infection in children with intermittent peritoneal dialysis. J. Pharm. Sci. & Res. Vol. 10(7). 2018, 1742-1744.
33. The effect of Ginger extracts on bacterial isolates from patients with suppurative otitis media and externa: In vitro study. Iraqi journal of Medical Sciences. Vol. 16, issue 2. April-June, 2018.
34. Molecular identification of bacterial infections in children with intermittent peritoneal dialysis. Journal of Global Pharma Technology. Vol. 10. Issue 10(suppl.). 2018 : 447-452.
35. Molecular detection of fungal species in a sample of Irqi patienta with meningitis . Journal of Global Pharma Technology. Vol. 10 issue 11 (suppl.). 2018: 390-395.
36. In vitro study the effect of Ginger extract on fungal isolates from supparativeotitis media and externa. Iraqi journal of Medical Sciences. Vol. 17, No. 1, 2019 (Jan.-March): 4-11.
37. Medicinal fungi (editorial article). Iraqi journal of Medical Sciences. Vol. 17, No. 1, 2019 (Jan.-March): 1-3.6
38. Conventional and molecular detection of C. albicans and C. parapsilosis isolated from bovine mastitis in Basrah-Iraq. Biochem. Cell. Arch. Vol. 19, No. 2, PP. 3285-3289. 2019 (DOI: 10. 35124/bac. 2019. 19. 2. 3285).
39. Evaluation of nested PCR for the diagnosis of Aspergillus rhinosinusitis in comparison with conventional methods. Biochem. Cell. Arch. Vol. 19, No. 2, PP. 3113-3117. 2019 (DOI: 10. 35124/bac. 2019. 19. 2. 3113).
Conventional and molecular detection of Candida albicans and Candida parapsilosis isolatedfrom bovine mastitis in Basrah-Iraq. Biochem. Cell. Arch. Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 3285-3289, 2019. DOI: 10.351242019.19.2.3285.
40. Conventional and molecular detection of Candida albicans and Candida parapsilosis isolatedfrom bovine mastitis in Basrah-Iraq. Biochem. Cell. Arch. Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 3285-3289, 2019. DOI: 10.351242019.19.2.3285.
41.Evaluation of antibacterial potential of fruiting body extracts of Pleurotus ostreatus in vitro and in vivo study.Drug invention today. Vol. 14. Issue 6. 2020.pp: 854-863
42. 42. Evaluation of antifungal potential of fruiting body extracts of Pleurotus ostreatus in vitro and in vivo study. Drug invention today. Vol. 14. Issue 3 . 2020.Pp: 392-398.
43. Phenotypic and gynotypic characterization of Lactobacillus spp. Isolated from apparently healthy cow milk, Basrah/Iraq. Bas.J.Vet.Res.Vol.19, No.1, 2020. Pp: 292-304.
44. Antimicrobial activities of green biosynthesized iron oxide nanoparticles using F. carica fruit extract. Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine &Toxicology. April-June. Vol. 14, No. 2, 2020. 2181-2187.
45. Determination the activity of some hydrplytic enzymes of Candida albicans isolated from milk samples of bovine mastitis using conventional PCR assay. 2nd Al-Noor International Conferencs for Science and Technology ( Conference Proceeding). Augest 28-29/2020 Baku/Azerbaijan. Pp:226-231
46. Relation of Recurrent Vulvovaginal Candidiasis with beta defensin and IL-4 among different Iraqi women. Annals of Tropical Medicine & Public Health. Vol. 23 Issue 14, Oct. 2020. http://doi.org/10.36295/ASRO.2020.231445.
47.Green Synthesis and Evaluation of Copper Oxide Nanoparticles using Fig Leaves and their Antifungal and Antibacterial Activities. IJDDT. Vol. 10, Issue 3. Sep, 2020, PP: 378-382.
48. Actinomycosis urinary tract infection: A case report. Biochem. Cell. Arch. Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 1203-1206, 2020. DOI : 10.35124/bca.2020.20.1.1203
49. Evaluation the enzymatic activities of Candida albicans and Candida parapsilosis isolated from bovine mastitis in Basra province Iraq by API ZYM test. The 8th International Conference on Applied Science and Technology (ICAST 2020) AIP Conf. Proc. 2290, 020014-1–020014-8; 04 December 2020. https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0027653
50. Detection of pulmonary blastomycosis in patients with different respiratory diseases using conventional and molecular methods. Annals of Tropical Medicine & Public Health. Vol. 23, Issue. 19, PP.232110-232122, 2020. DOI: http://doi.org/10.36295/ASRO.2020.232110.
51. Anti—Pathogenic Candida Spp. Activity Determination Via Lactobacillus Spp. Isolation And Identifications Using Conventional And Molecular Methods. Basrah Journal of Veterinary Research,Vol.19, No.3, Pp: 130-148, 2020. Proceeding of the 17th International Conference. College of Veterinary Medicine. University of Basrah. Iraq
52. Investigation of the Hydrolytic Enzyme Activities of Candida Parapsilosis Isolated From Milk Samples of Bovine Mastitis by API ZYM and Molecular Method. Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, July-September, Vol. 14, No. 3, 2020, Pp: 2443-2449.
53. Comparison between HRM and Culture to Detect Most Common Pathogenic Fungi in Patients with Respiratory Diseases. Neuroquantology. April, Vol. 20, Issue 4, 2022, Pp: 358-368. doi: 10.14704/nq.2022.20.4.NQ22131.
54. Blood Culture and Multiplex Real Time PCR For Detection of Mucormycosis Among Patints on Hemodialysis. Biochem. Cell. Arch. Vol. 22, No. 1, 2022, pp. 1117-1124.
55. Detection of Aspergillus spp. and Candida albicans antigenemia in a sample of Iraqi patients with severe COVID-19. JEMTAC. Vol. 7, No. 2, 2022. Pp: 1-8. doi.org/10.5339/jemtac.2022.ismc.7
56. . Identification of Pathogenic Fungi in Renal Transplant Patients by Conventional and Molecular Methods. Journal of Biomedicine and Chemical Sciences. Vol. 1, No. 3, 2022. Pp:126-131. DOI: https://doi.org/10.48112/bcs.v1i3.198.